Spaghetti Squash with Parmesan & Herbs
- 1 spaghetti squash
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Use a knife to make small cuts all around the spaghetti squash; the larger the spaghetti squash the more cuts are needed. These perforations will allow steam and moisture to be released.
- Place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for an additional 15 minutes. When the spaghetti squash is fully cooled, it should be soft and easy to slice through.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Use a large spoon to scoop out seeds. Use a fork to shred the squash into spaghetti strands.
- Over medium heat, add olive oil and garlic together and sauté for a couple minutes. Add shredded spaghetti squash, season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
- Sauté everything together for about 3 to 4 minutes, and top with parmesan cheese.
It’s Always Sunny in SLO
- 1 tsp oil
- ¼ cup quick oats
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg
- ⅛ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 breakfast turkey sausage links, cooked and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste optional
- Start to heat a frying pan with the oil (The trick to sunny side up eggs is the hot pan!)
- Mix the water with the quick oats and microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds Crack the egg onto the well heated pan slowly and cook the egg sunny side up (approximately 1 minute or until egg is cooked to desired consistency). Do not move the egg around once you crack it onto your pan!
- Remove the oatmeal from the microwave and mix in half the cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of the oatmeal, and add sliced turkey sausage and top with the sunny side up egg Drizzle with Sriracha (optional)
Mozzarella & Heirloom Tomato Pizza
- 1 (13.8 ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large tomato chopped
- ¾ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Top with fresh basil
- Unroll dough onto a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat dough into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Lightly coat dough with cooking spray.
- Cook pizza dough according to package directions.
- Turn crust over. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with tomato and cheese.
- Cook for approximately 10- 15 minutes or until edges of the crust are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 cups frozen, cubed butternut squash
- 3½ cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
Plain yogurt and cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat
- Add onions.
- Cover, cook until soft, stirring often, about 5 minutes
- Add curry powder and cayenne pepper, stir 30 seconds
- Add squash and broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low
- Cover and let simmer until squash is very tender, about 30 minutes
- Puree soup in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth and return to same pot.
- Season with salt and pepper, adding more cayenne if desired. (Can be made one day ahead. Chill uncovered until cold, then cover and keep chilled. Rewarm before serving)
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with dollop of yogurt, if desired, and cilantro.
- 1½ cups spinach
- 5 sliced strawberries
- 2 Tbsp walnuts or any choice of nuts
- 2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp balsamic dressing
- Chop up spinach and slice strawberries.
- Toss spinach, strawberries, feta cheese, walnuts, and dressing in bowl.
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- 3 Tbsp canned, unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp of chopped pecans or walnuts
- Combine all the ingredients except for toppings in a pint size mason jar or container, mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate oats overnight (or at least 5 hours).
- In the morning, add additional milk until desired consistency is reached, and add toppings.
Avocado Egg Salad Toast
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, slightly mashed
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 slices of whole-grain bread, toasted
- Combine eggs, avocado, lemon juice, celery and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Spread 1/4 of egg mixture onto each slice of toast.