During the month of May, Campus Health & Wellbeing is hosting a 31 days of Wellness Challenge at Cal Poly. Current students, staff and faculty are eligible to participate in the campus challenge. Participants can enroll in the challenge as an individual, student team or department team. Registering for the challenge makes you eligible to win prizes, free gear and participate in fun social activities.
The challenge includes 5 “themes” of wellness and incorporates both passive and active health promotion activities. At the beginning of each week, participants will receive an email with detailed information about the challenges for the week.
A score card is provided and using the honor system, participants will receive points for completing the various challenges. BONUS points are awarded to participants who verify their participation and share their progress through social media and tag @mycpwell.
Week 1 | May 1 – 5: Community Wellness
Week 2 | May 8 – 12: Physical Health & Wellness
Week 3 | May 15 – 19: Mental & Emotional Resilience
Week 4 | May 22 – 26: Professional & Career Development
Week 5 | May 29 – May 31: Social Wellbeing
Examples of Passive Wellness Challenges:
- Commute to campus by bike, bus, carpool, or walk.
- Wear your seatbelt if you drive, or wear your helmet if you bike.
Examples of Active Wellness Challenges
- Hike Poly Canyon with friends or colleagues.
- Meet a friend or colleague for lunch.
Examples of Scheduled 31 Days of Wellness Events Happening in May:
- May 1: May Day Wellbeing Fair w/ PULSE
- May 4: Community Wellbeing Fair w/ Commuter Services and Sustainability
- May 10: Bike to School/Campus Day
- May 10: Physical Wellbeing Fair in collaboration with Human Resources and KINE
- May 15: Mindful Monday – Counseling Services
- May 17: Sleep, memory, and emotion: Why healthy sleep is imperative to undergraduate success – Professor Kelly Bennion Psychology & Child Dev.
- May 17: Emotional Wellbeing Fair
- May 18: Mustang Mile w/ ASI & Cal Poly Recreation Center
- May 19: Bike to Work Day
- May 24: Professional Development Fair w/Student Life & Faculty/Staff Associations
- May 31: 31 Days of Wellness Ice Cream Social
Prizes and incentives will be given to participants throughout the 31 Days of Wellness Challenge, but individuals and teams who score the most points will win:
Top Individual – Grand Prize
Top Student Team – Catered Lunch
Top Staff & Faculty Department – Catered Lunch
More information will be emailed to registrants, but questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on twitter, instagram and facebook @myCPWELL for up to date info on the 31 Days of Wellness Challenge.